Did you know?
Omega-3 fats are healthy unsaturated fats which maintains healthy Immune System. There are three types of omega-3 fats:
• ALA (alpha linoleic acid)
• DHA (Docosahexanoic acid)
• EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid)
You need a minimum of 1.1-1.6 g/day (for adults 19 years and older).
Omega-3 fats are found in: fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, anchovies, sardines, arctic char and trout eggs (including omega-3 enriched), flaxseeds and flaxseed oil, walnuts, soybeans, tofu canola oil, fortified foods like some margarines, juices and yogurts.
Include these foods in your diet and build a STRONGER IMMUNE SYSTEM
• Add ground flaxseeds to cereal, oatmeal and yogurt or add it to baked goods
• Add walnuts to yogurt, salads or baked goods
• Grill salmon for an easy and fast meal. Use a low sodium sauce, orange-ginger or lemon-dill for seasoning